4.22.2014

hello 2014 new years layout

Despite my best attempts to convince my kids that it was midnight at 10pm, they managed to stay up until the real midnight hour and celebrate the arrival of 2014 last New Year's Eve. I'm barely getting these pictures off my camera (I know!) and quickly made a layout when I was in the mood for a fun playful layout the other night.

I was experimenting with gesso and my experiment turned out to be the perfect background for my page. I pulled random items that were fun and bright and added them to the page along with some Lawn Fawn stamps of paper airplanes, that I stamped and cut out.
 
One of the ways I like to add something unique to a page when I don't have a lot of time is by using Pic Monkey to add fun borders or titles directly to my photos. Have you heard of Pic Monkey? It's free and it's fun! That's mostly all you need to know. Go check it out! And no, I'm not being paid to say this :) I'm just a big fan!
Here is how I created the borders around my photo:
  • Open a photo in Pic Monkey by selecting Edit.
  • Options change according to the seasons and holidays, but I clicked on the apple on the left and choose the School U theme. I then chose class cutups to get my graph background and the circle frame. Pic Monkey does all of this for you!
  • Within that same theme I chose dashed lines for my colorful arrows.
  • You can add text and change the colors of certain items to match your page.  Then just print your photos.

Give it a try next time you want to add a little something special to your page. {Linking up to Paper Issues Pitch Perfect Challenge}
~Michelle

Supplies:
Echo Park paper{Everyday Eclectic}
Lawn Fawn {Flying By} Stamp Set
Chic Tags
Elle Studio Tags

No comments: